Currently seeking Junior and Intermediate Help Desk Specialists
1 year plus possible FIVE one-year options for extension (total 6 years)
Security Clearance Level Required:
inRound Innovations is a well-established Ottawa company specializing in Service Management, Business Consulting and IT services. We are a recognized industry leader in providing customer-centric business strategies and best practices that optimizes a company’s service operations and aligns all areas of business and IT operations, improving all the business processes necessary to serve clients better.
Working in a Call Centre environment, performs IT Help Desk functions that includes, but not limited to, the following:
- Provides technical support to IT infrastructure clients experiencing difficulties such as those with workstation hardware/software, mail routing, Internet work routing, LAN/MAN/WAN services
- Investigates, determines and documents problems experienced and action taken to address client difficulties and refers problems to the next level of support as required.
- Identifies and resolves first level issues with cellular devices (Blackberry, IOS devices, etc.) by using a Blackberry Enterprise Server (BES) portal
- First point of contact for VIP assistance (EX-02 and above) for all IT related issues
- Escalates unresolved issues to the proper groups, including both internal IT support groups or external partners, such as Shared Services Canada (SSC), or to PCO senior management.
- Provides technical advice and assistance to the internal support groups, external partners and acts as the centre of expertise on specialized technical subjects by means of formatted requests.
- Updates the inventory management system (SAP) when equipment is assigned to clients (laptops, etc.)
- Assists clients with the management of their myKey encryption services.
- Establishes and recommends standards and procedures for providing Help Desk services.
- Develops and maintains a thorough technical knowledge of the systems in place, their capabilities and operating procedures.
- Learns, masters and evaluates new software products and recommends acquisition; tests new products and upgrades to existing products; documents the test results, and departmental application.
Networks are built on Microsoft’s integrated software technology including but not limited to;
- Windows 7/10
- Exchange 2003/2010
- MSOffice Suite 2010
- Remote Access, and PKI
- Adobe Reader XI
- Entrust 9.2
- Microsoft System Centre Communication Manager (SCCM)
- Active Directory
- Windows File /Print Server
Several other custom-developed and commercial off the shelf (COTS) applications are also in use to support Government Departments business requirements.
Intermediate Service Desk Agent must meet the following requirements
- 3 years’ experience providing Information Technology technical support services in client operating systems, networks operating software or commercial-off the-shelf (COTS) office products. Technical support can include such as password resets, hardware issues related to damaged Peripherals, software related issues such as non-responding applications, identification of security incidents such as viruses and malware
- 3 years’ experience working with an enterprise class IT Service Management tool to open, record, prioritize, match against other tickets in the system , track,, document, assign and close service request l/incident, problem and change tickets
- 3 years’ experience working with an Automatic Call Distribution telephony system to log in and out, set status, generate reports as required
- Valid Federal Government Level II Secret, or Enhanced Security Level Clearance
Junior SDA must meet the following requirements
- 2-year experience OR an acceptable combination of education, training, and/or experience providing Information Technology technical support services in client operating systems, networks operating software or commercial-off the-shelf (“COTS”) office products Technical support can include password resets, hardware issues related to damaged Peripherals, software related issues such as non-responding applications, identification of security incidents such as viruses and malware
- 2 year experience OR an acceptable combination of education, training, and/or experience working with an enterprise class IT Service Management tool to open, record, prioritize, match against other tickets in the system , track,, document, assign and close service Request l/incident, problem and/change tickets